Beckham's Inter Miami has a stadium in mind for its debut
The English legend and Jorge Mas, have announced their intention for Inter Miami to play their first two seasons of the MLS at Lockhart Stadium.
David Beckham's Inter Miami is getting ready for its debut in Major League Soccer in 2020 but still remains without a stadium to host their home games, which is the main issue the new MLS franchise is facing. This, however, could change pretty soon.
Beckham and businessman Jorge Mas, announced this Thursday the project to revive the legendary Lockhart Stadium, where they hope to play their first two seasons of the MLS, are now waiting for the approval of the city commissioners on Tuesday.
"You can never replicate having a first season, so, this is where it’s going to be," said the English legend.
Inter Miami proposal
Miami Beckham United is proud to share its vision for the new Lockhart Stadium Community Park and future home to Inter Miami’s professional training facilities. pic.twitter.com/93ELM2lBFg— Inter Miami CF (@InterMiamiCF) March 1, 2019
Beckham's group proposes tearing down Lockhart stadium and replacing it with a new $30 million, 18 thousand seat venue. The project will also include administrative offices and a youth academy.
It will be an estimated $60 million investment that Inter Miami proposes for the Fort Lauderdale's Lockhart Stadium, aiming to improve the life of the community.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- CONCACAF Expresidente de Federación de Panamá va a juicio por lavador de dinero
- Cleveland Browns Nick Chubb jugará en la semana 8; Baker Mayfield aún es duda
- BOSTON RED SOX Alex Cora: Tenemos trabajo por hacer
- USWNT Alex Morgan, Carli Lloyd y Megan Rapinoe conocen a los Rolling Stones
- Tiroteos Tiroteo en un centro comercial de Boise, Idaho, deja 2 muertos y 4 heridos
- Nueva Jersey Votación anticipada en persona en Nueva Jersey: ¿cuál es mi lugar de votación?