Wayne Rooney gets his first red card since arriving in the MLS
The English player was sent off during the 4-0 defeat of his team DC United against Los Angeles FC. His first red card in the American League.
All hopes of stirring a comeback from DC United reduced to nothing after the English striker sent off, though it was not as Rooney could have complained about the referee's decision.
"Yeah I think it was a red card, I've lunged, I tried to win the ball, and I've caught the player. I have no arguments."
The referee Robert Sibiga at first issued a caution for the offense; however, after a brief video review, he came back to show the red card to the former Manchester United striker.
"It was nothing malicious, I didn't mean to get the guy or hurt him, but obviously, I caught him. I was expecting it really (red card), so I think it was the right call," said Rooney that accept the decision of the referee on the field, shook Rossi's hand and jogged toward the tunnel.
Wayne Rooney on the game
The DC United captain talked about the loss against LAFC, saying that it was disappointed, especially the first half, as they weren't at it.
"For whatever reason, I don’t know; we weren’t aggressive enough. The tempo in our play wasn’t good enough. We weren’t clever in terms of how we wanted to play. So we got what we deserved first half."
Both squads arrived at this match as leaders of their divisions. Rooney will miss the next game against Montreal Impact because of the red card suspension.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- Seguro Social ¿Cuánto aumentará el ajuste por costo de vida del Seguro Social en 2022?
- Desempleo ¿Por qué los estados no extenderan los beneficios por desempleo?
- Orlando City Alexandre Pato, de fichaje bomba a desilusión en la MLS
- Música Gira de Dua Lipa 2022 en Estados Unidos: ¿Cómo y dónde comprar boletos?
- Música Kid Cudi homenajea a Lil Nas X mientras denuncia la homofobia en el hip-hop
- Inter Miami 0-3 New York Red Bulls Inter Miami sufre goleada ante New York Red Bulls