Nani opens his MLS account with Orlando City against Colorado
The Portuguese and former Manchester United scored his first goal in the MLS and the winning goal with his new team in the match against Colorado Rapids.
Nani signed with Orlando City from Sporting CP just in time for the start of the MLS season. The 32-year-old Portuguese needed six games to score his first goal with his new team to tie the match against the Colorado Rapids.
It took Nani 385 minutes played in the American league to debut as a scorer with Orlando, although the captain already was involved in a previous goal from his team by giving an assist in the draw against Chicago Fire.
Nani's first goal
The 30th minute of the game was running; when the Portuguese striker received a delayed center from his compatriot Bragança to send a powerful header to the back of the net and put the match tied at 1.
Nani's MLS account:— Major League Soccer (@MLS) April 7, 2019
⚪️ CLOSED pic.twitter.com/GGki69wbb0
After his goal, Nani put an end to his nine games streak without scoring besides also getting the winning goal at the 89th minute from the penalty spot, for the game to end 4-3.
The Portuguese have now two goals and three assists in the MLS so far.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- MLS FC Dallas renueva contrato de Ricardo Pepi hasta 2026
- COPA ORO 2021 México y Canadá tienen historia en eliminación directa de Copa Oro
- Nueva York ¿Qué piscinas públicas estarán abiertas en el verano de 2021 en la ciudad de Nueva York?
- Asalto al Capitolio Asalto al Capitolio: inicia investigación con testimonio de policías
- Coronavirus ¿Qué recomiendan los CDC sobre el uso de mascarilla dentro de la escuela?
- Coronavirus ¿Cómo es el mandato de vacunas para los empleados de Nueva York y California? ¿Cuál es la fecha límite?