Zlatan ready to take play on turf and face the Whitecaps
The LA Galaxy striker avoided to play on artificial surfaces due to a knee injury he suffered, but now he's ready to take on the Vancouver Whitecaps.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic last season avoided playing on artificial surfaces due to a knee injury, but the Swedish striker declared he has no problem playing on turf, as the LA team will have his first match on said surface when they visit the Vancouver Whitecaps this Friday.
LA Galaxy will seek their first points on the road counting with their captain as Zlatan mentioned feeling good to play besides adding he's ready for the game.
The 37 years old player explained why he avoided playing on turf last season, saying that he had an issue with his knee because Ibra didn't know if he was ready for this surface or how the consequence will be. "That was a little bit risky; I didn't play because I didn't want, it was because of the injury."
“I feel good, though my body will never be 100 percent. When you are above 30, the pain moves around, and you just have to handle it. I need only to be 90 percent.”
Game vs. Vancouver
The Whitecaps arrive at this game after struggling with the start of the campaign as they have a 0W-3L-1D record so far, so they will look to complicate things for Zlatan's team and to contain the Swedish.
“For sure, they're preparing the best way they can, and they are ready for the game. And I think when teams play against us, they're more ready than for other games. I think everybody wants to beat Galaxy, because it is the biggest team, and they become more satisfied when they beat us than other teams," concluded Ibrahimovic.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- MLS FC Dallas renueva contrato de Ricardo Pepi hasta 2026
- COPA ORO 2021 México y Canadá tienen historia en eliminación directa de Copa Oro
- Nueva York ¿Qué piscinas públicas estarán abiertas en el verano de 2021 en la ciudad de Nueva York?
- Asalto al Capitolio Asalto al Capitolio: inicia investigación con testimonio de policías
- Coronavirus ¿Qué recomiendan los CDC sobre el uso de mascarilla dentro de la escuela?
- Coronavirus ¿Cómo es el mandato de vacunas para los empleados de Nueva York y California? ¿Cuál es la fecha límite?