Quique Setién doesn't count Lainez for Betis anymore
Real Betis coach said the Mexican midfielder needs to play as much as possible, but for the moment he can not give him that opportunity.
Diego Lainez moved to the Old Continent to join the Spanish team, Real Betis, where he arrived as the new jewel of the squad, but after his first months in Spain and without explanation, Quique Setién has no longer a place for him in the team.
The coach was straight to the media when he said that he didn't observe Lainez during the FIFA date with the Mexican team, and then he talked about his situation with the club.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
"The most important thing for Diego is to play, but unfortunately we can't give him more minutes here, it's true that he brings many things, but I tell these young players that what matters most is to play."
Setién explained that there is the option of sending the Mexican player to the second team, intending to grant him constant activity. However, for the time being, he hopes to speak with Lainez and solve the problem with the tight squad he has.
"We need to talk to Diego; obviously we don't know how he's going to arrive after going with Mexico, with the time zone and so. It's true that we have a short team, and with Andrés' sanction more but we're fine because we have players that could perfectly complete the roster," concluded the Spanish strategist.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- PSG Keylor Navas irá a la banca en Champions ante Manchester City
- MLS Jaap Stam se une a lista de técnicos despedidos tras salir de Cincinnati
- NFL Panthers adquieren al cornerback C.J. Henderson
- Premios Tony 2021 Tony Awards 2021: Lista completa de ganadores
- AYUDA ECONÓMICA Beneficios por desempleo y créditos tributarios por hijos: últimas noticias del IRS | Hoy, 27 de septiembre
- CORONAVIRUS Vacuna Covid-19 en Estados Unidos: ¿Quiénes deben ponerse la tercera dosis y cuál me toca?