Martino to decide if Lainez plays Gold Cup or U-20 World Cup
The Argentine strategist of the Mexican National team will choose whether Lainez will play the Gold Cup in June or the U-20 World Cup in Poland that starts at the end of May.
The Mexican National Team coach during a press conference expressed his doubt about the future of Diego Lainez, as he has yet to decide whether the striker should play in the CONCACAF Gold Cup or join the U-20 squad of coach Diego Ramirez for the Poland World Cup in May.
"The Lainez and the U20 World Cup thing is something to be solved, at this moment of their process, logically participating in a World Cup is important, like Diego, Roberto Alvarado, and Jorge Sánchez are going to be considered for the top team. Although I'm not saying that it will be like that, I might decide to took Lainez to the Gold Cup."
The last tournament in which the Real Betis striker was with the U20 was the CONCACAF pre-world-cup in which they reached the final but lost 2-0 against the United States.
Under 20 Poland World Cup
The Mexican National Team is in Group B of the World Cup, where Italy, Ecuador, and Japan complete the combination.
A squad focus on the World Cup went on tour to Europe, lost against the Czech Republic 4-0 and with the Netherlands 3-2. The competition will start on May 23rd, Mexico opens that day against the Azzurri.
The final of the U20 World Cup is set for June 15th while the Gold Cup will be from June 15 to July 7.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- Seguro Social ¿Cuánto aumentará el ajuste por costo de vida del Seguro Social en 2022?
- Desempleo ¿Por qué los estados no extenderan los beneficios por desempleo?
- Orlando City Alexandre Pato, de fichaje bomba a desilusión en la MLS
- Música Gira de Dua Lipa 2022 en Estados Unidos: ¿Cómo y dónde comprar boletos?
- Música Kid Cudi homenajea a Lil Nas X mientras denuncia la homofobia en el hip-hop
- Inter Miami 0-3 New York Red Bulls Inter Miami sufre goleada ante New York Red Bulls