Gregg Berhalter gets his third win with the USMNT against Ecuador
The United States men's national team got the victory in a very defensive match against the South Americans, thanks to a late goal of Gyasi Zardes.
The era of Gregg Berhalter with a full squad started with a win over Ecuador at Orlando City Stadium, becoming the second MNT head coach to win his three first games, this thanks to Gyasi Zardes late goal.
But this win that follows triumphs over Panama and Costa Rica, came at a cost as Weston McKennie left the game with an ankle injury and unable to walk off the field after landing awkwardly on his left ankle.
The States had a great start to the match controlling the ball and pushing Ecuador into their defensive third, but they failed to find an open space to open the scoreboard. On the other hand, Ecuador seemed happy to defend and frustrate the Americans attacks holding them for the first 45 minutes.
Gyasi Zardes came across the ball to get the one and only goal of the game in a wicked deflection that looped over Dominguez and under the crossbar in the 81st minute.
The game ended 1-0 in favor of the United States that after a very defensive match found the moment to score to keep the three for three of coach Gregg Berhalter.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- MLS San Jose Earthquakes (2-0) LAFC: MLS 2021, resumen y goles
- San José Earthquakes 2-0 LAFC Chofis López comanda el triunfo de San José Earthquakes ante LAFC
- MIAMI DOLPHINS Reporte: Tua Tagovailoa es colocado en lista de lesionados
- NFL ¿Cuáles jugadores fueron multados de la Semana 2?
- Britney Spears Sam Asghari critica documentales sobre su prometida, Britney Spears
- Falla de San Andrés Qué es la falla de San Andrés, la temida falla de 1300 km que atraviesa California