The FMF will support US Soccer to organize a Continental Cup
The highest body of football in the United States launched a tournament organization proposal for CONCACAF and CONMEBOL to take place alongside the Eurocup.
The Mexican Football Federation agrees on holding a continental tournament that would count with 10 Conmebol and six CONCACAF teams, and they will support US Soccer, so the championship is held on the summer of 2020.
"Of course the Mexican Football Federation is very pleased with this initiative of US Soccer in terms of Concacaf organizing a tournament by invitation for 2020, a very similar thing to what we thought as a Continental Cup," said to Televisa Deportes, Yon de Luisa, FMF president.
Yon de Luisa pointed that within the six CONCACAF teams the Mexican and the United States National teams area both already included. The Mexican director also explained that US Soccer would take over the management of the tournament.
"In this case, the official negotiations will be carried out by US Soccer as the organizing committee of the invitation tournament with CONCACAF. Of course; we will be supporting from the background."
De Luisa hopes that Conmebol is interested in the tournament because he considers that it would be excellent preparation for Qatar 2022 World Cup.
A similar tournament held in 2016, was the Copa América Centenario, where Mexico and the United States were the only CONCACAF teams to went over the group stage.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- NFL NFL, Semana 6: Partidos, Resultados, Horario, TV; cómo y dónde ver en USA
- NFL Jaguars derrota a Dolphins en Londres
- ESTILO DE VIDA Así es el estilo de vida de Saioa Cañibano, esposa de Carlos Vela
- Medicare Tipos de Medicare: cuáles son y qué incluye cada plan
- Medicare Qué es un examen de bienestar de Medicare: cómo conseguir una cita y requisitos
- MLB Dodgers vs Braves en vivo: Juego 2 de la Serie de Campeonato de la Liga Nacional, NLCS en directo