Yon de Luisa revealed desire for a Continental American Cup
Mexican Football Federation president revealed they are already working with CONCACAF to join the Copa América and create a new continental tournament.
Yon de Luisa, president of the Mexican Football Federation during the Sports Anti-Privacy Summit, talked about the aspirations of the organization to boost the growth of the Mexican soccer.
The most important thing to highlight is the return of Mexico to Copa America, but also to include the CONCACAF in order to create a new continental tournament.
"The Gold Cup is coming with just one FIFA date in March with the friendly matches against Chile and Paraguay to prepare. A possible Copa America, working together with Concacaf, we want to promote hand in hand with Conmebol to make another continental cup, and finally, the challenge that Qatar 2022 represents" De Luisa said.
The Concacaf would intend that Copa America has a similar format to the centenary edition, in which Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Panama, and Haiti participated as representatives of North America.
The disclosure of Yon de Luisa comes a few days after the rumor of the possible dissolution of the CONCACAF Gold Cup, something that Carlos Cordeiro, president of the United States Football Federation said to later being denied by the Federation.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- MLS Oswaldo Alanís y Carlos Fierro son descartados por San Jose Earthquakes para 2022
- Cleveland Browns Andrew Berry: Baker Mayfield es nuestro quarterback
- MLB Marcus Stroman anuncia acuerdo con los Chicago Cubs
- Día Mundial de la Lucha contra el Sida Magic Johnson, la cara del combate al VIH en el deporte de Estados Unidos
- CHEQUE ESTÍMULO Cheque de estímulo: ¿Habrá un cuarto pago en diciembre de 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Variante Ómicron: Quién la ha descubierto y qué síntomas provoca