Fabio Capello says Wayne Rooney has lost his edge
The Italian coach has talked about D.C. United striker, saying that the Englishman lost what it takes even before leaving the Premier League to move to the MLS.
In recent comments, the former Manchester United player said that he still has the talent to play at the English league, however his former England coach, Fabio Capello thinks otherwise.
According to Capello, Rooney lost his edge even before moving to the US saying that the now DC United forward career at elite level was over when he watched him play for Everton and perceived the former England captain had lost "it."
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
"Rooney is a good player, but I saw the season he had when he returned to Everton, he was not with the team. It was not the Rooney I remember fighting, running, nothing, he lost everything, all his characteristics".
The sharp critiques from Capello were far from over as the Italian coach also said that Rooney decided to go America where soccer is different, a place where a lot of Italian players go at the end of their careers.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- NFL Disparan contra Jaylen Twyman, novato de los Vikings
- MLS MLS sanciona a Cecilio Domínguez tras actuar falta
- NFL Eli Manning regresa a los Giants
- EL SALVADOR Hugo Pérez pone la mira de El Salvador en el Octagonal Final
- Derek Chauvin Derek Chauvin, culpable de la muerte de George Floyd, será sentenciado el 25 de junio
- EUROCOPA 2020 Robin Lod y Jukka Raitala pasaron mala tarde ante Bélgica