Jonathan dos Santos will be one of the three LA Galaxy captains
The LA Galaxy manager, the Argentine Guillermo Barros Schelotto, chose the Mexican midfielder to be co-captain with Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the 2019 MLS season,
The Argentine strategist arrived with the LA team after being the manager of Boca Juniors for two years and after losing the Libertadores 2018 against River Plate.
The Mexican midfielder was the captain during the preseason match against Toronto FC that ended in a 1-1 draw for the 75 minutes he was on the field.
After the game, Barros Schelotto talked with the media where he explained how the captain band would be used.
"The captain of the team is "Ibra," but Jona will be co-captain, and it's possible that Romain Alessandrini will share the band too."
The Argentine also said that he wants for all three captains to feel the need to take the lead as it is essential for them to take on the role and help the team during the season.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- MLS Oswaldo Alanís y Carlos Fierro son descartados por San Jose Earthquakes para 2022
- Cleveland Browns Andrew Berry: Baker Mayfield es nuestro quarterback
- MLB Marcus Stroman anuncia acuerdo con los Chicago Cubs
- Día Mundial de la Lucha contra el Sida Magic Johnson, la cara del combate al VIH en el deporte de Estados Unidos
- CHEQUE ESTÍMULO Cheque de estímulo: ¿Habrá un cuarto pago en diciembre de 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Variante Ómicron: Quién la ha descubierto y qué síntomas provoca