Daniel Jacobs from surving cancer to fight against Canelo
After winning his battle against cancer, the American boxer will take on a fight against Canelo Álvarez in Las Vegas during the Cinco de Mayo weekend to prove who is the best.
Daniel Jacobs was diagnosed with osteosarcoma back in 2011, a cancerous tumor that surrounded his spine that required surgery to remove it. The procedure had his prospects up in the air, as it could have damage Jacob's nerves or he could have ended up paralyzed.
After this Jacobs started a foundation called "Get in the Ring" for people with cancer, as this subject is close to his heart so they could help children and adopt families: mentally, physically, emotionally and financially.
It was not expected that he could box again, but he defied all odds and just one week after he got out of the hospital Jacobs went back to the gym to later become a world champion.
Daniel Jacobs vs Canelo Álvarez
May 4 in Las Vegas or Cinco de Mayo weekend it's going to be the date for the middleweight supremacy fight. The Mexican, Canelo Álvarez and Daniel Jacobs will take the ring to see who's the best in their division.
A win over Canelo would make the American boxer the unified middleweight champion and owner of three out of four world titles.
This will be the most important fight in Jacobs career, as he already won his most difficult battle against cancer.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- El Salvador Fesfut ordena pagar casi 6 mil dólares a Narciso Orellana por pisotón
- El Salvador ¿Por qué CD FAS y Águila juegan el Superclásico de El Salvador y no Alianza?
- MLB Dodgers vs Braves en vivo: Juego 1 de la Serie de Campeonato de la Liga Nacional NLCS
- Bodas Así ha sido la boda de Jennifer Gates, la hija mayor de Bill y Melinda Gates
- MLS Carlos Vela se ha perdido 26 partidos en los últimos dos años con LAFC
- Amistoso Internacional El Salvador jugará un amistoso con Bolivia en Estados Unidos