MLS Cup Final defeats Super Bowl LIII in attendance record
Both games were played in the same field, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, but soccer was more successful and begins to make its way in a country where it did not move passions.
If there is something special about the Super Bowl, is that every single year the league presents a unique show and this year was no exception.
On Sunday night there were 70.081 fans inside the home of the Atlanta Falcons. This year's Super Bowl did get more attendance than last year when the Philadelphia Eagles won the Lombardi, but the U.S. Bank Stadium has a capacity of 66.655, and during the Super Bowl LII they held a total of 67.612 people.
But the 70.081 fans that attended to the Mercedes Benz Stadium were not enough to overcome the 73.019 spectators that were present during the final of the MLS between Atlanta United and Portland Timbers, where the home team lifted the cup.
The fact that the MLS overpass the NFL regarding record attendance at the most crucial event of the year opens the door to a debate that years ago was unthinkable, Soccer can shadow football.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- Champions League El mensaje de Keylor Navas tras la remontada del PSG en Champions League
- NFL Tom Brady y Dak Prescott, codo a codo en la carrera al MVP
- NFL Ravens pierden a Ronnie Stanley por lo que resta de la campaña 2021
- MLB Astros vs Red Sox en vivo: Juego 4 de la Serie de Campeonato de la Liga Americana, en directo
- MLB Dodgers acortan distancia en la Serie de Campeonato de la Nacional al derrotar a Braves
- Seguridad Social Cómo se calculan los créditos del Seguro Social y cuánto me corresponde