Miguel Almirón says goodbye to Atlanta on social media
The striker of the MLS champion is ready to make the big leap to Europe, and after Atlanta reached an agreement with Newcastle, the player bids his fans goodbye.
After AS USA announced that Miguel Almirón traveled to England to undergo medical check-ups with Newcastle, the Paraguayan striker sent a message through social media to bid farewell to Atlanta.
"Thanks Atlanta for all the love, I love you very much," the player wrote on his personal Instagram account.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
A few weeks after the rumors of Almirón's departure from the MLS team began, the final details to his move to the Premier League are about to end, as the clubs have already reached an agreement.
Almirón will become the most expensive player in the history of Newcastle, as his transfer's agreed in 27 million dollars. The champion with Atlanta is expected to pass the medical exams for him to join the team.
The 24-year-old began his career in the youth teams of Cerro Porteño, and at the age of 19, he made his debut with the team in a match against Deportivo Capiatá. At the end of 2013 he achieved his first title with the club, and in 2015 he repeated the feat.
In 2016 Almirón arrived in Atlanta United for 11 million dollars. His first year he shined like no other player, he was even named the best young player in MLS. In 2018 he put the final ingredient in his way through Major League Soccer, because after a great season he was champion.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- MLS Andy Najar asegura que ya no piensa en el retiro
- MLS Josef Martínez marca un golazo con Atlanta United a los 47 segundos
- Juegos Olímpicos 2020 Juegos Olímpicos Tokio 2020: Actividad del 30 y 31 de julio para USA, Cuba, Guatemala...
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tom Brady y los Bucs dejan en el pasado lo campaña de Super Bowl
- Los Angeles Dodgers Max Scherzer y Trea Turner se unen oficialmente a Dodgers
- New York Mets Javier Báez y Trevor Williams llegan a New York