Miguel Layún leaves Villarreal to join Monterrey
After the Mexico defender did not train with Villarreal on Wednesday, Los Rayados made an official announcement of the 30-year-old's arrival.
Miguel Layún has parted company with Villarreal, the 30-year-old Mexico international returning to Liga MX with Monterrey.
Layún did not report for training with the Yellow Submarine on Wednesday and later Los Rayados officially announced the signing of the versatile left-sided player.
Earlier this week, Rayados senior executives traveled to Spain to negotiate the signing of the Mexican defender, who joined Villarreal last summer on a three-year deal. The decision to allow Layún to leave was made amicably between both parties.
After failing to find his place in the struggling Liga side, playing just 1,209 minutes across 15 appearances in all competitions, Layún will make a return to the Mexican League, where he previously played for Veracruz and América, where he won the 2013 Apertura title and the 2014 Clausura. Layún and Monterrey will together attempt to end the side’s nine-year wait for a national title
...— Miguel Layun (@Miguel_layun) January 30, 2019
With the final details for his departure from Villarreal arranged, Layún posted a curious tweet that led to a backlash from América fans and Rayados, some of them asking him to rectify his decision and others welcoming him to Monterrey.
Monterrey officially announced the signing of Layún later on Wednesday, with the player sending a goodbye message to Villarreal and the club’s fans wishing them good luck for the rest of the campaign.
Te recomendamos en Estados Unidos
- Honduras ‘Bolillo’ Gómez: “Estoy asustado de dirigir a Honduras”
- MLS Se cumplen 19 años del gol del Pescadito Ruiz para el título de LA Galaxy
- MLB MLB: Dodgers al borde de la eliminación en la Serie de Campeonato de la Nacional
- Boxeo Oficial: Teófimo López peleará contra George Kambosos el 27 de noviembre
- ESTADOS UNIDOS ¿Por qué subirá el precio del gas en octubre y cuánto pagaré?
- CORONAVIRUS Vacuna coronavirus: ¿Puedo mezclarlas en la tercera dosis?